Naturalization & Citizenship
What Is Naturalization?
The laws regarding naturalization constantly change, and as such it is important to work with an attorney who stays abreast of these changes. An attorney can answer your questions about whether you may qualify in terms of residency
- The foreign national has been a permanent resident for 5 years and at least half of the 5-year period was spent physically in the United States.
- The foreign national has been a permanent resident for 3 years and is married to a U.S. citizen.
- Foreign national serves in the U.S. Military.
- A period of continuous residence and physical presence in the United States
- Residence in a particular USCIS District prior to filing
- An ability to read, write, and speak English
- Knowledge and understanding of U.S. history and government
- Good moral character
- Attachment to the principles of the U.S. Constitution
- Favorable disposition toward the United States